Mekong Institute (MI) conducted a one-week regional training on “Trade Events Promotion” from June 12-16, 2017 at its residential training center, Khon Kaen, Thailand. The training program is part of the project on “Enhancing Competiveness of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the Southern Economic Corridor (SEC) of ASEAN Mekong Subregion (AMS),” funded by Japan – ASEAN Integration Fund (JAIF). The training program aimed to build up capacity for the public and private Trade Promotion Organizations (TPOs) in the SEC through (i) enhancing the understanding of their important role in the trade and investment facilitation and promotion; (ii) developing skills and tools for organizing various trade events; (iii) strengthening skills in planning and conducting effective trade events and monitoring the success of the event; and (iv) expanding collaborative networks among the TPOs and SMEs in order to promote cross-border trade and investment in the SEC.
As part of the training program, the participants jointly developed Action Plan (AP) on organizing Cambodia – Vietnam Business Matching 2017 at Preah Sinahouk Ville Province in Cambodia on October 5th, 2017.
Preah Sihanouk port is the Cambodian gateway to the region with excellent accessibiity and connectivity to other major ports and countires in the region. Furtehrmore, Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in the Preah Sihanouk port is known for its developed infrastructure and is attractive place to seek for business collaboration on agriculture, tourism and other sectors.
Key objectives of the Cambodia – Vietnam Business Matching 2017 are to
- Set up business network among business stakeholders from Cambodia and Vietnam;
- Enhance cross-border trade and investment in Cambodia and Vietnam;
- Conduct market research in Preah Sihanouk.
- Establish business cooperation and collaboration among participants from different business sectors
- Gain knowledge and mechanism on Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Preah Sihanouk;
Cambodia – Vietnam Business Matching 2017 is held on October 5th, 2017. The event will be divided into morning session (8:30 – 11:30) and afternoon session (13:00 – 17:00). In the morning session, participants (delegations from Cambodia and Vietnam) will conduct business matching. In the afternoon, participants will visit Preah Sihanouk Port and SEZ. Please kindly see the tentative program.
Provincial organizations and associations from public and private sectors and businesses in Kampot and Preah Sinhanouk provinces (Cambodia) and Mekong Delta (Vietnam) are expected to participate in the Cambodia – Vietnam Business Matching 2017.
- Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry Branch in Can Tho (VCCI Can Tho);
- Ca Mau Business Association;
- Federation of Association for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises of Cambodia (FASMEC) Preah Sihanouk Branch;
- Kampot Department of Commerce;
- Preah Sihanouk Department of Commerce.
For details, please contact:
|Ms. Huynh Thien Trang
Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry Can Tho (VCCI Can Tho)
Tel: +84 9082 03833
Email: [email protected]
|Ms. Sokha Mardy
Federation of Association for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises of Cambodia (FASMEC) Preah Sihanouk Branc
Tel: +855 7733 3498
Fax: (+66) 43 203 656
Email: [email protected]